Looking back over four years of blogging during my time at Microsoft, I realise I’ve made a couple of “Ultimate Collections of ….” blog posts and my rationale for these is very clear: if I can make a “one stop shop” for people to get resources and then keep that one blog post updated as things change, it becomes easier to simply refer customers and partners to that location. The two I currently have are:
- Ultimate Minecraft:Education Getting Started Guide
- This has proven incredibly popular, regularly on the ‘trending posts’ on my blog and whilst I’ve not added a heap to it recently, remains a great starting point for educators and IT admins alike.
- Ultimate Collection of Resources for Remote Learning With M365
- This was purely a response to the COVID19 pandemic and was being shared (and accessed) regularly during the first half of 2020 and seen as a go to collection for educators around the world.
Now, I’m always very clear that none of my blog posts should ever replace the official Microsoft Documentation and I always try to link back to this as the source of truth and guides to best practice. I’m also very clear that I try to indicate when changes / updates have occurred by adding a date stamp at the top of the blog post and then
using the strikethrough of text when something is no longer relevant.
With this in mind, I’m going to start collating resources on this blog post and keep it updated over time and if I’m missing any obvious ones, please let me know in the comments below or ping me on @samuelmcneill
My Own Blog Posts
- New to Intune as an MDM? Read this blog post first!
- Helpful post that covers common questions like Intune policy refresh timings (syncs etc) as well as using Win10 templates to replicate Group Policy inside Intune
- New to Intune / Endpoint Manager? This book is for you!
- Linking off to the recently published (early 2021) book by Endpoint Manager product owner Scott Duffey – a great read
- Managing iPads with Intune
- Actually the first in a 5 part series of posts that was co-authored with David Colville, a friend in Australia. It may be a bit dated now given how fast the product evolves, but the fundamentals remain true.
- Managing Shared iPads with Intune
- Proved very popular when published and links off to the great work of Peter van der Woude – if you’re wanting to configure Shared iPads with Intune, this is the starting point
- How To: Blocking BYOD / Personal devices from enrolling into Intune, but still alllowing AutoPilot enrollments
- I wrote this one in direct response to many queries on how to achieve this and is also a very popular post, frequently appearning in the “Trending Posts” on my blog – seems lots of people want to know how to do this!
- Webinar: Moving a school to the cloud with M365 for Education
- Sharing a real world example of a school that moved entirely to the cloud and embraced modern management of Win10 devices from Intune and AzureAD.
There are others, but the above are the more recent / in depth posts but to check the rest, simply click this link to search for Intune across by blog.
The Microsoft Intune for Education Deployment Workshop is a tremendous collection of 21 videos taking you through the deployment stages – click here to access the entire library Here is the embedded playlist:
This is a somewhat ‘catch all’ area for largely written documentation that should prove helpful – I’ll add a comment below each link to give you more guidance on what it is before you click the link.
- Enterprise Mobility & Security Official Microsoft Docs page
- You can’t look at Intune / Endpoint manager in isolation without understanding the role of AzureAD and other components of EMS, so I link to official docs here too
- Zero Trust Deployment For Devices
- A good, high level overview of the approach with lot of links to specific information, with a specific focus on security.
- Intune Official Microsoft Docs page
- To understand the full version / interface of Intune, start here with the official docs
- Intune for Education Official Microsoft Docs page
- As the name suggests, this is the official docs for the simplified interface of Intune specifically for education customers
- Interactive Endpoint Guide
- Walking through how to use the product in a step by step guide.
- Semi-Annual Chat blog
- Awesome technical how-to posts on here focusing on modern management from Stefan van der Busse (just wish he’d post more regularly!)
Partner Specific Content
There may be some overlap here between Documentation and content generated by MSFT specifically for Partners, but worth separating it out too:
- Endpoint Management for Partners
- Some great interactive guides to assist in learning the product (translations in English and Japanese)
People To Follow On Twitter / LinkedIn
A very incomplete list and in no ways ranked, but just some very knowledgable people you could learn from (as I do every day!)
- Intune Support Team on Twitter
- as name implies, an online resource to ask questions of!
- Official Intune Twitter Handle
- Announcements and updates
- Scott Duffey
- Wrote the “Learning Microsoft Endpoint Manager” book
- Scott Breen
- Super smart guy out of Australia and knowledgeable on all things Intune with an Edu focus
- Becky King
- Managing education customer experiences with M365