Happy New Year! Welcome to 2023, trust you had an awesome festive season with family and friends. I got up to some serious bikepacking over the Christmas/New Year break, biking and camping over 800km around New Zealand – I loved it!
I thought I’d start the new year with a quick video blog post from Mike Tholfsen as he provides updates on 12 awesome new features in Microsoft Teams. A few that really stood out to be as super helpful:
- Ability to delete chats in Teams – I get a LOT of chats/groups and sometimes you just want to remove them… this is possible now.
- Updated toolbar / navigation menu inside of Teams calls – I’ve been using this for a while internally and it’s definitely making a lot more sense and some frequently used features (like raise hand) are now in a more visible place for quick/frequent access
- Sign Language View – I love this focus on accessibility and I’ve had a number of educators asking me about how best to do this in Teams – now it’s easier than ever.
- Enhanced Polling – I love using quick polls in Teams to engage the audience and make meetings more interactive. It’s great to see new features in this space.
Hope this helps as you get ready for your classes in 2023.
BONUS: 9 Education Specific Features in Microsoft Teams for January 2023
As you can tell, Teams is evolving very rapidly in response to feedback from educators and students. Check out the latest updates for Education here:
What’s New in Microsoft Teams for Education | January 2023 – Microsoft Community Hub
- Jupyter Notebook integration with Assignments
- Insights for Rubrics in Assignments
- New updates to Reflect
- Phonics Rules Challenge Assignments in Reading Progress
- Quiz/Forms support for images in multiple choice questions
- Microsoft Forms’ new cover page and distribution experience
- New Updates in Teams Meetings
- Parent Meeting scheduler
- Updates in Core Teams